What is Audience?
Audience offers two methods to help you connect with your target consumers.
1. Identify. Not sure which groups or types your target consumers fall into? Not a problem. Audience provides a wide range of variables such as age, income, marital status and more to select from to find the segments that your business is targeting. The Audience platform also provides access to multiple segmentation products such as Mosaic so give Experian a call to find out more about data asset availability by country.
2. Grow. If you already know which segments work best for you and want to broaden your customer base then Audience helps you discover other groups and types which are alike in various ways such as income, internet usage or property type.
Whether you choose to find your target segments via Identify or Grow, Audience provides a view of the number of individuals and households matching your segmentation selection together with the contactable universe via email, online digital display advertising or offline direct mail.
What is Segmentation?
Segmentation is dividing your database into groups which are defined by individual characteristics. It could be as simple as separating your male and female customers or it can be by something more complex. Grouping different people into different segments gives you greater flexibility with your marketing, allowing you to talk with each person in an engaging and relevant way.
If you can talk to someone about what they are really interested in, they’re much more likely to engage with you. Do the opposite – by talking to the wrong person about the wrong things – and you will irritate people and perhaps drive them away. By segmenting people according to their characteristics and behaviour, you can talk confidently with everyone about the things that matter to them, by the most relevant channel.
What makes Experian segmentation unique?
Mosaic divides the UK population into 15 Groups and 66 more detailed types. It uses over 400 data variables and paints a unique picture of UK consumers based on their demographic characteristics, lifestyles and behaviour. With over 30 years’ experience in consumer intelligence, Experian offers a range of award winning segmentation products. As Mosaic is enabled across channels it gives you a joined-up approach to gaining insight and targeting consistently. You can use Mosaic to help you Know, Get and Keep your customers in the following ways:
- Know: enhance your customer intelligence with detailed analytics delivered through flexible technology when and where you want it
- Get: target your prospects by direct mail, email and digital advertising
- Keep: optimise interactions with consumers on and offline by integrating into Experian’s Cross Channel Marketing Platform
Learn more at www.segmentationportal.com
How can I get access?
To enquire about accessing Audience please contact our Helpdesk:
9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Experian Marketing Services
+44 (0)845 234 0391
Use cases and white papers
Experian has a vast network of clients utilising their products and with permission, is able to publish case studies that detail how the client has used Experian products to drive forward their business performance. Experian also produces white papers covering a wide variety of topics, providing thought leadership, best practice and insight into how Experian segmentation products can be utilised by clients.
Clicking Find out more at the bottom of this page will take you to a dedicated section that describes many of Experian’s products and services and provides you with more detailed descriptions and any associated collateral.
Find out more